Our office is currently practicing social distancing. We are available to answer your questions. Please refer to our staff directory for contact information.
Purchasing Agreements are drafted and executed for the procurement of Independent Contractors, Consultants, or Professional Services. It is widely used when sensitive information is shared with vendors to carry out the scope of their work.
- Contractors provide services to complete a defined end-product
- Consultants provide opinions and recommendations to a particular problem/situation
- Professional Services are highly specialized functions performed by a supplier that most commonly a) has a professional license; b) is licensed by a regulatory body; and/or c) is able to obtain professional errors and omissions insurance
Additional UCOP Forms
Source Selection and Price Reasonableness Justification Form (PDF)
This document must be completed by the requesting Department for all federally funded purchases that are ≥$10,000.00 (including tax and shipping) & non-federally funded purchases ≥$100,000.00 (excluding tax, but including shipping), to substantiate the appropriateness of source selection and price reasonableness.
Appendix - Data Security ("APP DS") (PDF)
Attached to an agreement when a third party creates, store, manage, use or transmit UC information or when a third party obtains non-public information or protected information.
Such information may include:
- confidential and proprietary information
- trade secrets
- business information
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- credit card data
- student records
- individual financial information
- information with additional statutory protections
PII can be information that may describe or identifies an individual such as:
- social security numbers
- physical description
- home address
- telephone numbers
- email addresses
- education/financial matters
- medical or employment history
- statements made by an individual
Appendix HIPPA BA (PDF)
Attached to an agreement when a Business Associate will have access to, utilizing or disclosing Protected Health Information (PHI) or performs HIPAA covered functions. It is UCOP policy that the university requires third parties to agree and sign the university's HIPAA BA.
Contractual changes to any existing agreement requires an amendment (scope of work, duration, compensation, T&C's, etc.). Sample Amendment draft can be viewed here (PDF).
If payment is through a KFS PO, please initiate a KFS Amendment to the existing KFS PO with requested changes. Send a drafted amendment form to your designated analyst for review along with the corresponding KFS PO number for reference.