Our office is currently practicing social distancing. We are available to answer your questions. Please refer to our staff directory for contact information.
Sales and Services Agreements are initiated when a campus unit wishes to render a service or provide goods to a non-University user for which revenue is collected. This transaction is appropriate when the furnishing department incurs expense to make available a product or service which is sold to the non-University user for an established price, or at a price based on an established standard pricing method (See Sec. 701-23: Sales and Services Activities Interim Policy for more details).
When completing a Sales and Services Agreement, developing the scope of work and determining budgets, please note the following:
- Non-University Entity - An organization or individual who uses UCI campus services or facilities or purchases goods from a campus unit and who is not performing duties of a member of the campus community (faculty, staff, students). A faculty/staff member or student making a personal purchase is considered a non-University entity.
- Direct Costs - Readily identifiable costs which are associated with the furnishing of goods and services by the UCI unit.
- Indirect Costs - Costs that cannot be readily identified with or related to a specific UCI unit. For the purpose of this policy, indirect costs include appropriate amounts for campus overhead costs, including Building Usage, Equipment Usage, Operation and Maintenance of Plant, and General Administrative Services.
- Sales and Services Agreement (DOCX)
To ensure departments provide complete details of the requested service, please complete all the required fields in the agreement (marked in red) prior to sending the draft agreement to your designated Analyst for review.
- Activity Information Sheet (XLSX)
This form must be completed and submitted to the Accountint and Fiscal Services office to ensure compliance with University budgetary policies. Procurement Services will not finalize its review of a Sales and Services Agreement without evidence of Accounting and Fiscal Services office approval.