The Hill Ghost Card Program is designed for faculty and staff to purchase "one-off" or unplanned business items at UCI's bookstore with efficiency, flexibility, and convenience. School or division must register a single default KFS account number to participate in the program.
Ghost Card Purchases at The Hill
- Each school or division submits one default KFS account number
- Best for "one-off" or unplanned purchases. Use UCI procurement processes for routine purchases.
- 20% departmental discount applies
- Food or gift card purchases are not permitted
- There is a $3,000 single/daily purchase limit per person
- Ghost Card Purchase Request form must accompany business purchases from The Hill
- Go to the Tech Hub department inside The Hill (entrance near Ring Mall) to complete the purchase
- Only The Hill management will have access to the ghost card
- The Hill management verifies account info at the time of purchase
- Purchaser keeps the original receipt for potential returns
- The Hill management attaches the Ghost Card Purchase Request form to a copy of the receipt, and sends documents to The Hill reconciler
- The Hill reconciler uploads supporting documentation to the PCDO, then routes the PCDO to the registered fiscal officer of the single default account number for approval. Fiscal officer can then reallocate account number and object code, if applicable.
The complete registration request form (DOCX) must be signed by dean or vice chancellor and account fiscal officer
- Purchaser submits a Ghost Card Purchase Request form (PDF) at the time of purchase from The Hill. Purchaser can bring a completed form or complete the form at The Hill (the registered single default KFS account number and registered fiscal officer name must be provided).
- Purchases take place at the Tech Hub department inside The Hill (entrance near Ring Mall)
- Purchaser keeps the original receipt for returns, if applicable